1. Review your pet's medical history - Your Pet Stylist will begin your appointment by verifying your pet's basic medical history to ensure your pet's safety and well-being during their appointment
2. Validate rabies vaccination - Based on state laws and Petsense Policy, all pets are required to be current on their rabies vaccine at least 48 hours prior to their appointment
3. Discuss behavior and special needs - Your Pet Stylist will ask questions about your pet's behavior and reactions to different situations to evaluate how to keep your pet, and your Stylist, as safe and comfortable as possible during the grooming appointment.
4. Complete coat condition review - Your Pet Stylist will review your pet's current coat condition, including looking for matting, parasites, skin conditions, etc. in order to make an effective recommendation of services.
5. Nail assessment - Your Pet Stylist may recommend nail trimming and/or nail filing depending on the current condition of your pet's nails.
6. Teeth assessment - Your Pet Stylist may recommend oral cleansing and/or breath spray depending on the current condition of your pet's teeth.
7. Recommendation to pet parent - Following the assessment of your pet's current coat, nail, and teeth, your Pet Stylist will make their best recommendation of services to meet the needs of you and your pet.
Petsense Safety Policy
Pet safety is our top priority. State laws and Petsense Policy require all clients to be current on Rabies vaccinations at least 48 hours prior to receiving grooming services. Rabies verification must be in writing or our groomers will be happy to call your veterinarian for confirmation.