PETSENSE GOTCHA DAY RESCUE PET CONTEST
- NO PURCHASE, SURVEY OR SALES PRESENTATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE PETSENSE RESCUE CONTEST (THE “PROMOTION”). A purchase, survey or agreeing to a sales presentation will not improve your chances of winning.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor for this Promotion is Petsense, whose address is 5401 Virginia Way, Brentwood, TN 37027.
- PROMOTION PERIOD. The “Promotion Period” begins September 13, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends September 16, 2021, at 11:59:59 p.m. CT. Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeping device of the Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to individuals who are legal residents of and residing within the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry (“Entrants”). Employees of Sponsor and its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, participating advertising and Promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and those entities involved in the preparation of materials for, administration and/or execution of this Promotion (collectively "Promotion Entities") and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents including step-relations) and/or those living in the same household of such employees (whether or not related) are ineligible.
- HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION: During the Promotion Period, an Entrant must go the Petsense Facebook Page (the “www.facebook.com/Petsense”), go to the Petsense Gotcha Day Rescue Pet Contest post on the Petsense Facebook Page and do all of the following in a single post to enter the Promotion:
- post a comment, and
- include the #PetsenseHills and #Contest hashtags in your post (the “Entry”).
- For a Bonus Entry, you must post a photograph from the day you picked up your rescue pet to the Petsense Gotcha Day Rescue Pet Contest post.
- At no time may an Entrant place an Entry on his/her own Facebook page, only the Petsense Facebook Page.
- Limit: Two (2) Entries (one standard entry plus the Bonus Entry) per Entrant during the entire Promotion Period.
- By entering the Promotion, using the hashtags “#PetsenseHills” and “#Contest,” Entrant hereby agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
- Message & Data Rates may apply to each message sent or received using a mobile device. Other charges may apply. Entrants should check their mobile plan for rates and other details. Once an answer to a Question has been entered into the Promotion, it may not be deleted, edited or modified by Entrance
- Must be in English;
- If there is a photograph, then the photograph shall not to exceed 3 MB, and must be in one (1) of the following file formats: JPEG, JPG, PNG;
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights (whether living or deceased), including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity, copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- Must have approval from any persons appearing in the photograph, and the Entrant must be able to provide express written consent of every such person appearing in the Photograph to Sponsor, if requested;
- Must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Promotion;
- Must not include any personally identifiable information of any person, such as full name, address or phone number;
- Must be the original work of the Entrant;
- Must not in any way contain any logos, brand names or trademarks other than Sponsor’s, which Sponsor has granted Entrant a limited license to use for purposes of this Promotion;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that is fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
- any cruelty to of mistreatment in any way of animals;
- gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
- the use of firearms/weapons/ammunition, any prescription drugs, illegal drugs, prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, violence, or the use of marihuana, alcohol or tobacco products;
- the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity, or otherwise challenges or seek to overthrow any government;
- Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes animal cruelty, bullying, bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age; and
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
- Any Entry or Bonus Entry that violates any of these requirements in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion will be disqualified.
7. DETERMINATION OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS AND ODDS OF WINNING: On or about September 20, 2021, Sponsor (or its authorized representative) will randomly select five (5) potential prize winners from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. The selected Entrants will be potential winners of a prize provided that they meet the requirements set forth in Rule 8 below. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received by the Sponsor during the Promotion Period.
8. PRIZES (5)/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE/WINNER NOTIFICATION:
Each “Prize” is a One Hundred Dollar ($100) Petsense Gift Card. No more than five (5) Prizes will be awarded. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is One Hundred Dollars ($100). ARV of all Prizes in this Promotion is Five Hundred Dollars ($500).
The Prize does not include any other item or expense not specifically described in these Official Rules, and any such additional expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned. Only listed prizes will be awarded and no other prizing or substitutions will be made except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner agrees to accept the Prize "as is", and Entrants hereby acknowledge that Promotion Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize. Any valuation of the Prize stated above is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any Prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All costs, federal, state and local taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
The use of a Petsense Gift Card constitutes the user’s acceptance of the Petsense Gift Card’s terms and conditions so each winner should read the terms and conditions on the Petsense Gift Card carefully. Each Petsense Gift Card will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, except where required by law. Each Petsense Gift Card will not be replaced or replenished if it is lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without your permission and will be voided if altered or defaced.
Each potential winner will be contacted by Messenger to his/her Facebook Page within five (5) business days of the drawing as set forth in Rule 7. If the selected winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules; or declines to accept the Prize; or Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, the Prize will be forfeited, and the Sponsor may award the applicable Prize to an alternate winner in a random drawing among remaining eligible Entrants as set forth in Rule 7. Each potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Facebook account used to enter. No more than one (1) Prize per Entrant.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS/DISCLAIMER: By entering or participating in this Promotion, Entrants: (a) agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion; and (b) agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Released Parties, defined below, including Facebook, from and against any injuries, claims, damages, or losses of any kind that arise from or are sustained in connection with acceptance or use/misuse of a prize or from participation in the Promotion. Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, dealers, dealer associations, representatives, suppliers, retailers and advertising and promotion agencies; and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for mechanical, technical, printing, typographical, human, or other errors relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, deletions, defects, phone transmissions or delayed telephone lines or in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by the way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devises, or transmission lines, or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any error, fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, conduct a random drawing among eligible Entrants. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void all associated entries. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Promotion and void all associated entries, at their sole discretion, if you disregard these Official Rules or act: (a) in a manner they determine to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten, or harass any other Entrant or the Sponsor; (c) in any other disruptive manner; or if you are otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee (Southern Division) or the appropriate Tennessee State Court located in Williamson County, Tennessee; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Tennessee or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee. Entrants agree that the statute of limitations for asserting any claims with respect to this Promotion shall be no longer than a period of one (1) year from the time the cause of action accrued, or the cause of action shall be forever barred.
12. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right, where lawful, to use its name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
13. WINNERS LIST: You may obtain the name of the winners (available after September 17, 2021) by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 30, 2021, to:
Petsense Gotcha Day Pet Rescue Contest Winners List
5401 Virginia Way
Brentwood, TN 37027
You may also send an e-mail to send an email message to email@example.com with "Winners List" as the email subject line and contest name specified in the body of the email.
Any questions, comments or complaints about the Promotion should be directed to the Sponsor at the address given in these Official Rules.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.